Saturday, December 27, 2014

New Blog

This week I brought back with me just a few of dad's journals that he had written over the years. Hard to know just yet how many he has written as they are scattered between his bedroom and office at the pole barn. But, journaling was one of the most important things that he did and taught others to do. It was critical to a man's recovery as he went through Dunklin's regen. program. He believed that learning to hear from God and having a conversation with the almighty creator was the second most important thing in anyone's life after accepting God's gift of eternal life through belief in His son, Jesus Christ. I can speak firsthand of what a powerful tool this can be in a daily walk with the Lord. I can also speak of how disoriented and lost one can be when you fail to live a life of constant communion with the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. The journal is a tool to help focus the mind, body and spirit and be at a place where you can hear his voice. It can help you get off the merry go round in your brain that seems to spin faster and faster as life continues to fly by at ever increasing speed. I wish I could say I was consistent with my journaling. I have not been. I could give all the same reasons anybody can give as to why I haven't. I do know though, that God is always calling me to spend time with him, and way to often, I get distracted. But there is something in my heart that says to start again and use exerpts from dad's journals to receive encouragement and give encouragement. So, here goes.
But He Himself would often slip away to the wilderness and pray. ( Luke 5:16)

No comments:

Post a Comment